Saturday, January 18, 2014

Winnie The Pooh Bento!

Hello Everyone!

Today's post is about Winnie the Pooh bento, since it is A.A. Milne's birthday!



I decided to try making pocket sandwiches today. I used 2 glasses of different sizes to make this pocket sandwich without a cutter, as I don't have one yet :( , using the great tips from the Bentolicious blog here.


I decided it was going to be a sweet sandwich, so that the filling wouldn't spill, so I melted 3 Hershey's cookies and cream drops, mixed it with cream cheese and spread inside. I couldn't decide what to do with the sandwich, until I realized it should be a simple cartoon character, and for some reason Winnie the Pooh cam to mind. So I spread the top with butter, so it wouldn't conflict with the sweet taste, and cut out the nori face features based on a coloring page of Pooh I saw online (these are great because they are black and white, outlining exactly the features that must be made. For the ears, I cut them out of plantains, made incisions in the sandwich and stuck them in.



For the sides, I made plantain daisy flowers, a curvy checkerboard apple substituting the straight lines for wavy ones, parsley to fill the empty space, and 2 cherry tomatoes.



Lastly I reheated leftover penne pasta with corn, zucchini, celery and beef and topped it with melted cheddar cheese.

It was perfect timing too because Mamabelly is hosting an awesome Pooh link up at http://www.mamabelly.com/2014/01/winnie-pooh-bento-with-link-up.html. So check out her adorable lunch and some other really cute ones.

Tada and Happy Birthday to the late A. A. Milne! As always, thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment