Thursday, January 16, 2014

Skitty Sandwich Bento!

Hello Everyone!

So now that the year is in full swing, I am keeping my bentos short and sweet so I can have a cute lunch but time to do everything else. (:

Today's post is about more pokemon bento - Skitty!! :D   Here is Skitty (image credit to http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/May's_Skitty)


I am a little obsessed with pokemon and wanted to make a series of pokemon faces transcribed onto squares of sandwiches. 


I first made my grilled cheese and tomato sandwich, and then cut into 4-6 squares. I cut the red portion of a fruit roll up in strips to put on the highest square only at the top. Then I cut the cheese into an oval and from that cut out a sort of crescent shape (mine did come out messier than I would have liked). For the eyes and mouth, I cut out 3 arcs from nori.

This was a pretty simple bento that took me about 15-20 mins. I would recommend using something red other than a sticky fruit roll up because it stuck to the lid when it was time to be eaten. :P

To complement the sandwich, I added a small bit of corn (used a knife to cut it from the cob), a small pastry from the french bakery, 3 pieces of mango, a lemon flavored Starburst candy, two strawberries, and 4 slices of delicious starfruit. The bowl tier is holding the rest of the sandwiches as the middle couldn't fit it all. And that's my pokemon Skitty figurine <3. 


Tada!


As always, thanks for reading and enjoy! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment