Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Mission Impossible (the first one) bento!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Today's post is a tribute to the first Mission: Impossible movie, from 1996. I made this sometime ago but forgot to post, so I'm sorry. I always forget how amazing this movie is. They make the old computers look so high-tech! Mission: Impossible is on of my favorite movie series. Lalo Schifrin is a genius! No to mention the amazing Tom Cruise. Did I tell you I love Mission: Impossible?  =D

This is the scene where we we are all on the edge of our seats as Ethan Hunt descends from the airduct to get the disk. I thought it would perfectly capture the movie since it is the most well-known scene of the film (and a famous movie scene in general).



I started out by making the blueprints and the wax paper outlines of the vault computer and Ethan Hunt himself. I drew the vault on white paper from looking at a picture, and traced that onto wax paper. I later traced this onto cheese, and cut off the edges of the outline to do the nori outlines. The other details were freehand.

The blue buttons are made out of an AirHead, and the button on top was yogurt on cheese. The seat is cocoa powder on cheese with butter.




Ethan Hunt was more complicated. To do him, I converted an image of the actual scene into a bare outline with the program InkScape, and then traced the outline onto cheese. I cut out each component separately and traced onto nori. Below is the Inkscape outline with Ethan Hunt cut out so I could trace onto noir and cheese. 


Finally, the M:i letters are the same blue AirHead, to tie in with my M:i - 4 bento. I am hoping to make this a food art series, and will be doing M:i-2 and M:i-3 sometime in the near distant future. The cable is simply a line cut from nori. 



As a personal review, this didn't come out the way I was hoping but I am posting it to keep it as part of fan foodart tribute to the Mission: Impossible series.

Thank you for reading!






4 comments: