Friday, January 17, 2014

Perfecting Bento Sides

Hello Everyone!

Today's post is no so much kyaraben (character bento) as it is trying to make the other tiers look pretty as well. If you've seen my earlier posts, I haven't really been focusing on the other tiers as much so I wanted to do that today.

I was going to have a dino cut sandwich but it was too hot when I cut it so the sandwich just went crack! :p So I learned you have to wait for a freshly grilled sandwich to cool before you cut it. I just freehand cubed this one so you couldn't see the split.


So here I have 2 cut slices of coconut macaron, two cherry tomatoes, 6 daisy cut plantains using my vegetable cutters and a checkerboard apple (based on Karenwee's awesome tutorial at http://kwbentodiary.blogspot.com/2012/10/checker-apple.html ). I rubbed it with lemon so it would not turn brown as I was making it the night before. I didn't cut away the apple but just used the whole thing. 


That's all folks and thanks for reading! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment