Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Panda Express Bento

Hello Everyone!

  For bento blog network's (http://www.bentoblognetwork.com/) weekly theme, wheels, I am making a Panda Express bento!

   Panda Express as in a train with a panda (not the restaurant, but it is a pun on the name).

   To make the panda head and train, I used the cling-wrap method with sticky rice (same for Mimzy). I used scissors and an Exact - O blade to cut the Nori (I told you it would come in handy).

    I decided to put a bunch of gummy bears since its a panda train. The champagne grape bunch is meant to be a bush.

    For a difficulty rating (1 is really easy, 10 is really hard) I would give this one an 8, since you have to  take measurements into account (train and lettering), start early and refrigerate the cling wrap shapes so they'll stick, cut the panda face freehand, and add more details (see I didn't get it exactly right).

    I mean, what's better than a panda train??!! Well if you said something like Pokemon or Mission Impossible, technically you'd be right. (:

    Tada! It won Bento of the Week!


 



4 comments: