Saturday, August 24, 2013

Crab Sandwich Bento!

     Hello Everyone! I'm sorry I haven't made any posts lately - I've been busy with all sorts of stuff.

    Today's bento will be a crab croissant sandwich (idea credit pictures on the internet and the Disney Family Fun Magazine). I wanted to make these a while back but never got around to it - until now!

    To start, toast a small, curved croissant and fill it like a sandwich, for the body. This is all of my ingredients for the sandwich - you can never have too much cheese! (:

                   

    For the legs, cut carrots (ideally baby carrots in half but I improvised here because I didn't have any).

    Cut the outer skin of a tomato with a little bit of the fruit, and cut into the claw shapes pictured here.

    For the cutest part, take a small measuring spoon and use it to scoop out cream cheese into little balls. For the face, I used my laughing smileyface Nori puncher (isn't it awesome!) and stuck the eyes onto the cream cheese and the Nori mouth. Don't forget to refrigerate the cream cheese balls if you aren't using them right away!

    Tada! The croissant broke a little because it was too crispy. :(  Difficulty rating: 4.0 (I like saying 4.0) for cream cheese eyes - it's a pretty simple and cute bento! Crabby (I nicknamed him crabby, like the Pokemon) is pictured along with a side of dragon fruit (it tastes like a less sweet but soft version of kiwi and is super tasty).




        I'd love for you to try it out - is there anything you would have done differently? Thank you for reading my blog!


     

4 comments:

  1. Nice idea using the croissant bread! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ;D

      It's from a disney magazine. Trying to figure out other uses for croissant bread...

      Delete