Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Owl Bento (breakfast)

Hello Everyone!

     Today's bento is an owl bento, for............. breakfast! That's right! This is my first breakfast bento (usually they are for dinner, and maybe lunch).

     I made the owl eyes with two respective halves of a bagel, covered with cream cheese for the white part and chocolate for the pupils. I left the chocolate to soften outside before I cut it, so it would be soft and easy to slice.

     The beak is made with a slice of peach laid on its side, and the outline is peanuts (I put cream cheese on some peanuts so they would stick to the curves of the plate - its a good trick).


     So you people can start making bentos of your own, I have decided to start putting difficulty ratings on each post. I would recommend starting with the lowest ratings and working your way up.

    On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being really easy and 10 being really hard, I would rate this one as a 3. It's pretty simple and looks super cute (if I say so myself)!

    Tada!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment