Friday, July 26, 2013

Minority Report Bento

   Hello Everyone!

   Today's post is about making a Minority Report (the movie) bento*.

   In the film, John Anderton (Tom Cruise) wears this really cool watch, so I thought I would base the bento on that.















    Obviously the watch is too intricate to add every detail to the bento version, so I decided to go with the numbers on the outer ring, the needles, the white and green circles and the stars (on the green circle).


   Using an Exact-o blade and a wooden cutting board I cut the numbers, circles and needles out of Nori. I cut the stars out of a cucumber ring and used the ring as the green circle. To get the white circle shape, I cut the watch silhouette out of Nori and spooned sticky rice onto it, then I added the Nori details and cucumber. In the bento the watch is on top of a bowl of Mac and Cheese.

     Difficulty rating: 5 for cutting the numbers, working the rice (but it would be easier if you used cling wrap, when I made this I didn't know), and getting reasonable proportions on everything, plus a good watch shape.

 Tada!







Personally, the film was a bit dark but it makes a pretty good bento! Thanks for following!

*This bento is technically not a Kyaraben, as it doesn't have a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment